We welcome any time you would like to contribute to our school.
It is time to sign up for OCPS ADDitions if you would like to volunteer on campus or chaperone a field trip during the 2018-2019 school year.
Please see directions below to help with
Also, please be sure to log all hours you have already volunteered!!
Even time volunteering from home can be counted!
Directions to sign up for the new OCPS ADDitions system.
Please visit this link and register: https://www.ocps.net/departments/community_resources_/a_d_ditions_school_volunteers This is a new system so please allow some time to complete the process. You must register before you will be able to sign up for any volunteer opportunities.
1. When you get to the page please click on the large brown CLICK HERE button.
2. Click on the orange LOG IN button
3. If you were ADDitions previously you can use the log in panel on the right side of the screen.
a. Your User ID is your email address
b. Click on "Forgot password?” below the Password box. No one had a password last year – this will generate an email with a link to set your password and will also give you your new UserID for the new system.
c. Set you password and then go back to the Log In screen and log in
d. You will have to answer the security questions, do not refresh your browser during this process or it will wipe all of your answers
e. You should be prompted to upload a photo, or if you have a webcam you can take one at that time. If you do not you will be required to have a photo taken and added the first time you come on campus to volunteer. So if at all possible please take care of this now.
f. Make sure to update your student info and the names of the schools you want to volunteer at – if you are having trouble locating this info go to EDIT PROFILE near top of screen – then on next screen near bottom click on GO TO TAB. Check each tab and make sure the info is updated and complete.
4. If you are new to Orange County and/or ADDItions please use the left side of the screen to start a new registration. You will be guided through the process, which can take up to 15 minutes. You will be prompted to upload a photo, or if you have a webcam you can take one at that time. If you do not you will be required to have a photo taken and added the first time you come on campus to volunteer. So if at all possible please take care of this now.
5. Once your profile is crated and/or updated you can click on SEARCH OPPORTUNITIES. For Whispering Oak Elementary – search by school and type in Whispering Oak. Be an ADDitions Volunteer should be an opportunity — it is not a specific job but rather a designation. Please choose it.
6. After that, once you've been approved, if you have already worked any volunteer hours this year please click on REPORT SERVICE and choose ADDitions School Volunteer: Whispering Oak Elementary: Add Volunteer Hours and enter the appropriate date range and total hours plus a brief list of what you did. You do NOT need to enter each volunteer job separately. Just put in the first date you volunteered for this school year as start date and then today as the end date and total your hours.
PLEASE BE AWARE - Every volunteer hour counts towards Whispering Oak’s eligibility for the Golden School Award and the 5 Star Recognition. If you have worked any hours please log them NOW (see #6 above).
If you have any problems or questions please email email@example.com and we will try to assist you. Please bear in mind however that this is an OCPS system